- Navigate to the cash disbursement to be voided.
- Click the "Void" button.
- Select the period for the void transactions to post to.
- Enter a Void Description if desired.
- Click the Void button.
- Voiding a cash disbursement performs the following actions:
AS recommends that voiding a check should ONLY be used if the physical check leaves the premises, i.e. you printed the check on check stock and sent it in the mail. Otherwise a cash disbursement can simply be deleted and recreated if any part of it is in error.
- Reverses the transactions associated with cash disbursement. Note: the Posting Status of the Cash Disbursement remains as Posted. This is because the original debits and credits that were posted to the transaction table remain in the transaction table and 'reversing' debits and credits are added to zero out the original debits and credits.
- Sets the status of any related account payable records back to unpaid.
- Changes the payment status to Void on the cash disbursement.