- From Accounting Home Navigate to the Billing tab and click the "New" button
- Enter the Customer. The following fields use system defaults if you leave them blank. If you would like to override the defaults then simply key in a value before you click save.
- Billing Format - Defaults from Account, if no value then Accounting Settings
- Billing Terms - Defaults from Account
- Due Date - Defaults from Account
- Customer Address - Defaults from Account
- Complete any additional fields as required such as PO number
- Enter billing lines by clicking the "New Billing Line" button of "Mass Add/Edit" rows button.
- Enter the Amount. The following fields use system defaults if you leave them blank. If you would like to override the defaults then simply key in a value before you hit save. Revenue GL Account - Defaults from Accounting Settings
- Complete any additional fields as required such as Product, Project, Project Task, GL Account Variables and click "Save".
- You can return to the header quickly by clicking the link to the header record at the top of the screen.
- Change the posting status to "Approved" and Click the Post button. The posting process creates the debits and credits in the general ledger.
A billing is a customer invoice. It is also known as an "Account Receivable". A billing can be created from the account related list or Billings tab. A billing can also be created from the following objects: Opportunity, Recurring Billing, Sales Order, Time Cards, Expense Reports
Use the Proprietary Billing Number field if you are integrating to an external billing system. This can be used for legacy billings for loading history as well.
- There is a maximum of 1000 billing lines for each billing
- Salesforce will prevent you from deleting a billing with over 200 billing lines. If you have over 200 billing lines and wish to delete the billing you will need delete the number of lines in excess of 200 individually. Once there are 200 or less lines you will be able to successfully delete the billing.